• Go to T Y's profile

posted by  T Y in Germany forum 

How is what I actually see everyday a denial? LOL. I have had many bosses of minorities and immigrants who became obviously very successful. And my coworkers are doing just as well as the Canadian counterparts. This is what I see daily. What you call a denial is a reality for me.

Maybe your occupation requires you to be surrounded by immigrants who aren't as fortunate as others, and I believe you. But I also work everyday with immigrants who have been successful. I don't know where you live, but I live and work in Toronto. At least 50% of my colleagues are either immigrants or visible minorities, and no one has problem with it, and they are just as successful as other Canadian colleagues. And in fact, most immigrants I have met in person had similar experience like I have had. Maybe you work in the slum in Vancouver or something, nothing wrong with that. But in Toronto, things are different for the better.

And you keep jumping to conclusion that I somehow "failed" in Germany, which is quite ridiculous. It was precisely when I was "successfully" accepted to Uni Bonn to study translation, then I realized I didn't want to be stuck in Germany for at least another 4 years and didn't want to deal with daily reminder that I would never belong and be welcome there, when I knew I had a choice of going back to Canada to live and be treated like a human being, despite the fact that I made many friends, Germans and foreigners alike in Germany. It was the dignity I didn't want to part with, and not a failure that made me move back. But a good attempt on your part.

And I did more than sitting with immigrants in Canada, I was in fact one of them when I moved to Canada. So I think I know a bit about the lives of immigrants.

Anyways, I'm sorry to say, as a visible minority (former) immigrant, it is alarming that you are totally misleading other foreigners to an illusion that racism in Germany is anywhere close to or comparable to racism in Canada. I am sure you are very passionate about the human rights for immigrants in Canada and I applaud you for that and am thankful that someone like you exists today. But at the same time, people like myself would rather know the truth before moving to Germany, I wish I had known better. And I'm merely sharing my opinions and what I experienced in Germany. My Caucasian friends had a different reception in Germany if that makes it a little clearer to you. But if you are a visible minority, then you'll be treated "accordingly" in Germany.

And there are many reasons why they don't want foreigners in Germany, it is not ours to decide whether or not Germans want foreigners at all, which they don't, but their government keeps letting them in, which is the main cause of the hatred towards foreigners. So I'm not simply blaming the Germans.

I don't know if you are aware of Europe collapsing. There will be more immigrants flocking to Germany where it seems like the only nation with jobs in Europe, sooner than you think, and you can imagine how Germans will enjoy that, many of whom are working for below minimum wage themselves.

Post a reply

Other replies