What does "traditional chinese girl/woman" mean?
Hozzászólva Kína fórum 24 Aug 2010, 21:02
I would like to know what does "traditional chinese girl/woman" mean?
When is said this description for a woman and why?
hozzászóló: itt Kína fórum 28 Aug 2010, 09:17
I think there is no such definition as what a traditional Chinese female mean, likewise what a traditional Hungarian or German female mean, though each country has its traditions.
I think one can only say whether a person's lifestyle at that point of time is 'conservative' or 'liberal' relative to that of his/her peers. Of course, in Hungary where you have about 10 million people it may be easier to compare the relative difference between those that are conservative and those who are liberal, among the peer groups. Whereas in China with a population of 1.2 billion peaple and many provinces, it will have so many peer groups and thus, very difficult to compare the relative differences
hozzászóló: itt Kína fórum 28 Aug 2010, 21:21
Yes, I think you are right.
Only I dropped this subject on this forum beacuse I have read that someone is telling about herself as a "traditional chinese girl" in relationships whereas others don't mention this "word/definition".
- these girls want to tell to me that they are not so liberal in relationship as/than in USA or Europe or they do not so much easy get new friendships and start a new contact with a man,
- or they are looking a marriage couple(husband) not a boyfriend, because they have an ideal image about the happy family as their parents had so and they said that to their children it is very important,
I think it is a very good thing if somebody have traditions if these don't tie her/his. If these keep you in freedom (these leave your freedom) and allow to decide in/about your life without restrictions.
There are things in the life of people that a state/goverment can not controll.
For example you will decide about which people you want to be (good or bad)
and you do good or wrong things.
It is good thing If somebody has own moral-system and opinion about things/ done without following the others into the wrong/bad things.
There are very many wrong (bad) ideas in the heads of people In USA, in West Europe and Central-East (as In Hungary).
They are thinking that it is good if everybody is liberal and it is bad if somebody is conservative.
As far as I can see Those people think so who doesn't have any responsibility of their acts/decision and want to escape the consequence of their acts.
For them The liberalism mean a wide freedom when they can do everything that they only want.
If somebody thinks so than she/he will be unloyal and selfish in her/his family life.
So you can see many divorces because they do not respect other people.
They live out their passion (wild emotions and ideas) without any punishment.
The right don't punish people if they do wrong things beacuse the moral is from your soul and characters.
SO I don't think that conservative or tradition person is old-fashioned but I think that extreme/too liberal thinking can lead the people into very bad acts/done.
For example many youngs take advantage of this situation, this system's and ideas's weakness. These girls go into relations with men very early (at 16-17 years old) because they can see this from the others and they are think that it is correct or if they don't follow their friends she will be hold in contempt. Moreover They enjoy to do it beacuse they think they are very LIBERAL and MODERN.They become bad, there are going bad.
Their parents hardly can keep their children under controll (restrain them).
- Who can be blamed about it? (their parents, their teachers(education), their friends, the state, or the culture? - It is very compleceted and dissappointed!)
One person has more or less moral depends on their characters, growing up, culture, etc.
However a young will do what she/he can look around her/his in environment because she/he hasn't had own character yet.
- What is a good character? (How could the state show to people what is good while it acts bad things and there are corruptions, lies in the states/governmens.)
hozzászóló: itt Kína fórum 01 Sep 2010, 00:44
Hi Krisztian Dora,
I think that the problems you mentioned about girls 16 t0 17 having relationships with men ( I assumed you mean having sex ) and with bad things happening in the states/government such as corruptions and lies, don't you think it will be more meaningfull for you to air such matters in a Hungary Forum rather in this Forum which is 'Hainan' and 'China'.
If there are enough people in your country to pressurise the system, I think it will have to change.
Hope for the best
Rome was not built in a day
hozzászóló: itt Kína fórum 01 Sep 2010, 04:42
It's quite easy to understand when you do have recognized the history of china.
At the very begining,without world wide cooperation in economic,the chinese are quite tradition,it's mean,we do only have understand the culture,which has lasting for perioid years,ever since about 2000years ago.the culture,require the women to only can have relationship to only one male.nevertheless whether the male respect her.
I am quite tradition,if said by a women or girl in china right now,means:
sorry,i do have my boyfriend,or i have husband,we cann't have further action that betray the love of her and her husband.
hozzászóló: itt Kína fórum 01 Sep 2010, 15:07
Thanks for your answer.
hozzászóló: itt Kína fórum 01 Sep 2010, 23:37
Hi Kelvin Hu,
In some provinces in China there was a tradition that if one's elder brother or sister is not married, one cannot get married until the elder sibling gets married. First, is my statement correct? If yes, second do they still keep this tradition?
hozzászóló: itt Kína fórum 02 Sep 2010, 01:05
1. yes, your statement in correct.
2.some of them still keep this tradition, but in some area, it's not that fusty as before. For example, my young sister is the first kid married in my family, during the wedding, she and her husband had to give a piece of cloth to me and my elder brother as thankfulness, to thanks the elder sibling let her marry first. Me and my elder brother would share this piece of cloth. In other provinces or towns might have their different tradition about this, but should be similar meaning.
hozzászóló: itt Kína fórum 03 Sep 2010, 19:59
You wrote that "some of them still keep this tradition" that if there are more child in a family, then the younger one can only go to a marriage with her elder sister or brother's allowance/admitting.
- Which provinces do have this tradition yet?
- Is it in larger towns like in Beiijing and Shanghaj too?
- Can this tradition prevent us from being marriage or being happy If I love a chinese girl and she loves me.
- What it depends on that a family is keeping or not this tradition?
Will her family feel or have predujice against me If I am a stranger because I come from another country (in Europe) ?
hozzászóló: itt Kína fórum 04 Sep 2010, 01:27
Yes, it's what that means.
1. Mostly, in Guangdong, Guangxi,Fujiang have this tradition. Maybe the other provinces have it too, but I am not sure about this.
2. I am not familar with the tradition in Beijing or Shanghai, in my opinion, I don't think the large cities have this tradtion.
3. In chinese culture, originally, the elder sibling is respected as the father, we can't call the name of elder brother's or elder sister's. They have same responsibility as father to the whole family. At the same time, we see the marriage as the most important thing in life, we only can feel how difficult to take care the families like fathers do after getting married, and it's first step to learn to take care of the others also. That's why we have this tradition.
So this tradtion shouldn't influence the youngers to have a happy marriage. Now the parents are much more generous and wise, they also have solution to make this out as long as you are sincere and be positive to talk to them. If your lover's family is extreme strict and kinda of fusty, then I am sorry to you.
4. you could think about the point 3.
5. some families will have prejudice against you if you are not a chinese, the parents will consider the distance between two countries and divorce ratio in your country, also some might have not good impression of your country from few decade years and judge you. They also worry about family abuse ( read too much this kind of news, and can't take it away I guess). Anyhow they want to see their children very easily, they want to be helpful whenever their children need help.