Explore Your Future 2020
Waterloo Region's annual parent/student career expo
Parents: did you know that YOU are the most significant influencer of your children's career choices? When they start asking questions you can't answer, visit local experts who can, at Explore Your Future 2020.
Explore Your Future helps parents, students and educators to better understand the labour market of Waterloo Region and opportunities for career development throughout grades 7-12 and beyond. Over 75 exhibitors will showcase careers and answer your questions, including:
- Post-secondary institutions such as Conestoga College, University of Waterloo and Wilfrid Laurier University
- Local employers in sectors like construction, advanced manufacturing, health care, technology, business, arts, and more
- Community agencies with resources on how to get experience through employment, volunteering or starting a business
- Experts in Experiential Learning and Career/Life Planning from the Waterloo Region and Waterloo Catholic school boards
Expert breakout sessions include:
- 5:15-5:45: "Getting Ready for Your Work Future - What do you need to know?"Charlene Hofbauer, Executive Director, Workforce Planning Board Waterloo, Wellington, Dufferin
- 6:00-6:30: TBA
- 6:45-7:15: "Apprenticeship: earn while you learn valuable skills for work and life." Panel of local apprentices moderated by Conestoga College
- 7:30-8:00: "My journey to becoming a community builder - and how you can do the same."Brenda Halloran, Former Mayor, City of Waterloo
Thanks to our generosity of our sponsors and exhibitors, Explore Your Future is FREE to the public. To avoid lineups at the door and to be eligible to win prizes, register in advance! Registration is required so that we can communicate important details to attendees in advance, and track overall participation for our funders.
If you are a company interested in being an exhibitor, register at https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/explore-your-future-2020-exhibitors-registration-7