Me and My Girl at Blackpool Grand Theatre 2018

Mai

) — ()

The Grand Theatre

33, Church Street, Blackpool FY1 1HT, UK Karte

Blackpool & Fylde Light Opera Company present The Tony and Olivier award-winning Me and My Girl, a musical with music by Noel Gay and its original book and lyrics by Douglas Furber and L. Arthur Rose.

The musical is set in the glittering 1930s and tells the story of an unapologetically unrefined cockney gentleman named Bill Snibson, who learns that he is the 14th heir to the Earl of Hareford. Bill must choose between fitting in with proper society or losing his girl, fishmonger’s assistant Sally Smith.

Blackpool & Fylde Light Opera Company have presented such hits as, Hairspray, Legally Blonde, Grease, and 9 to 5 at Blackpool’s premier theatre.

Me and My Girl had a successful original run in the West End in 1937, and was turned into a film in 1939, titled The Lambeth Walk, named after one of the show’s songs. The show also includes the song The Sun Has Got His Hat On.

After returning to the West End Me and My Girl (1952), the musical’s book received a revision by Stephen Fry with Mike Ockrent in the 1980s. This revised version of Me and My Girl also included the song Leaning on a Lamp-post.

The show was revised again and revived in the West End in 1984, where it received two Laurence Olivier Awards, the same production was revived on Broadway in 1986, the show won three of 11 Tony Award nominations.

Performance Times:
Wednesday 30th May at 7:30pm
Thursday 31st May at 2:00pm & 7:30pm
Friday 1st June at 7:30pm
Saturday 2nd June at 2:00pm & 7:30pm

On Wednesday May 30, 2018 at 7:30 pm (ends Saturday June 2, 2018 at 7:30 pm)

Category: Arts - Performing Arts - Theatre - Amateur

Price:

Standard from: GBP 18.0
Under 18's: GBP 15.0
Family of 4: GBP 62.0

Venue: The Grand Theatre, 33 Church Street, Blackpool, FY1 1HT

Links:

Booking: https://go.evvnt.com/216464-0?pid=5072

Gehen Sie zu Evvnt Promotions Profil
Organisator:
 Evvnt Promotion