My Mother Said I Never Should at Blackpool Grand Theatre 2018

Okt

) — ()

Grand Theatre

33 Church Street, Blackpool FY1 1HT, UK Karte

The London Classic Theatre presents Charlotte Keatley’s award-winning family drama, My Mother Said I Never Should.

Set in Manchester, Oldham and London, My Mother Said I Never Should is a poignant, bittersweet story about love, jealousy and the price of freedom.

Using a kaleidoscopic time structure, Charlotte Keatley examines the lives of four women through the immense social changes of the twentieth century. The play focuses on four generations of one family as they confront the most significant moments of their lives.

In 1940, Doris, a former teacher, encourages her nine-year-old daughter, Margaret, to mind her manners and practice the piano. In 1969, Margaret’s relationship with her own daughter is strained, as art student Jackie experiments with her new found sexual freedom. When Jackie becomes pregnant at 18 and has baby Rosie, a decision is made that will affect all their lives irrevocably.

Written in 1985 and first staged at the Contact Theatre, Manchester, Charlotte Keatley’s award-winning play is the most commonly performed work by a female playwright worldwide. My Mother Said I Never Should has been translated into 22 languages and has earned Keatley the George Devine Award, as well as the Manchester Evening News Award for Best New Play. In 1990, Keatley was also nominated for an Olivier Award as Most Promising Newcomer.

‘In its revelation of mother-daughter emotions over the years, the play is without rivals. It is a classic.’ The Times

Performance Dates & Times:
Tuesday 9th October at 7:30 pm
Wednesday 10th October at 7:30 pm
Thursday 11th October at 2:00 pm & 7:30 pm
Friday 12th October at 7:30 pm
Saturday 13th October at 2:00 pm & 7:30 pm

On Tuesday October 9, 2018 at 7:30 pm (ends Saturday October 13, 2018 at 7:30 am)

Category: Arts - Performing Arts - Theatre

Price:

Evenings from: GBP 21.5
Matinees: GBP 17.5
Under 18's : GBP 12.5
18-26 yr olds: GBP 12.5

Venue: Grand Theatre, 33 Church Street, Blackpool, FY1 1HT

Links:

Tickets: https:/

Gehen Sie zu Evvnt Promotions Profil
Organisator:
 Evvnt Promotion