Back to Austria forum

Proof of locally customary accommodation

Posted in Austria forum

I'm in the middle of the process to obtain my red white red card and one of the requirements states:

"You have to provide evidence of a legal title to locally customary accommodation (e.g. by providing a lease contract)

Please note :An accommodation free of charge, which can be revoked at any time without a notice period, does not meet this requirement, since no legal title to accommodation is constituted."

I wonder if it can only be a leasing contract, or for example I can find an apartment in and sign some kind of agreement with the landlord.

Also what kind of strategy have you done for this requirement ?

Thanks in advance!

  • Go to Housing Anywhere's profile

    posted by  in Austria forum 

    Hi Andrew,

    If you have a contract showing name and surname (of both parties), address, move in and move out dates, and proof of payment, it should be acceptable. The HousingAnywhere booking confirmation invoice represents a valuable proof of accommodation and this applies to the whole of the Schengen area!

    We hope that helps!

Post a reply