Driving license in France
Posted in France forum
As I already wrote in another post, I'm moving to France with my family.
I now wonder if my driving license would still be valid in France and how long for?
Or do I have to renew it? In this case I would need a driving course in English as my French isn't that good!
Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance!
posted by in France forum
According to the French government, this is what you need to get a French Driver's License:
1. Passport + copy
2. Residence permit + copy
3. Current driver's license + copy
4. Certified translation of current driver's license
5. Letter from home country stating the date that original license was obtained
6. Translation of above letter
7. Copy of utility bill proving residency (no, an original is not acceptable)
8. One pre-addressed A5 envelope with 3,34 euro postage
9. One application form
10. One whole morning to spend at the prefecture