posted by in Germany forum
"If it was issued by a European Union country, you will never need to exchange it for a German one."
This is not the case for new many EU photocard liscences (since approx 2000). If the EU licence card expires you have to renew / apply for a new licence the country where you are 'ordinarily resident' (e.g. Germany).
It may be true if your driving licence never expires such as with many old paper licences. But there are more changes in european law regarding the validity of licences that will be effctivee by 2013. I haven't check to see how this might effect the Old licences since I had a newer one that expired. I had to get a German licence.
- German driver's license
- Driving license in Spanish
- A tip..
- German driving license
- German driver's license for US-citizens
- Driving schools in Germany
- German drivers license
- EU licence might not have unlimited validity
- help me please
- Why do some countries drive on the right and others on the left ?
- Looking Truck driving school in Germany for admission
- For Non Eu citizens(Indian)