• Go to Brandon Hayes's profile

thanks.

posted by  Brandon Hayes in Germany forum 

I actually just returned to school and I'm 28. I'm majoring in finance at a business school and hope to do a similar things where my line of work carries me over there.

as for the social aspect, i feel the same way as you do. Me personally, i really have a strong desire to try something different. Being an american and especially being an african-american (depending on the environment) can be very taxing.

take a look at this article.

http://intellectualexpat.blogspot.com/2010/06/to-asians-who-
    think-america-is-open.html

initially i was thinking France because i like French movies, but i heard negative things about France. I dislike the idea that romani, africans, and arabs get discriminated against. but i also heard other negative things too. but hey there are forms of dysfunction in all cultures.

a former friend of mine lived in germany and had a relationship with a british-indian woman there. he kept saying to me that he missed being germany and that washington d.c. - metro area " is some bullshit" "damn it brandon i could be in germany right now!" "i shouldn't have got married and moved back to the states"

but i get the impression that african-american men are loved, liked and appreciated in certain parts of germany more or less. i heard positive things. the being black in germany presentation and the multi culturalism spot i just showed confirmed this.

infact i want you tell stay in touch, let us know how it goes. i also keep hearing this stereotype that german women are ugly. this can't be true. when you go there please disprove this.

but clearly in germany its a question of geography and where you live. stay away from east germany the same way you would i avoid certain areas of anacostia or P.G. county

Post a reply

Other replies