Back to Hong Kong forum

Civil Partner visa?

Posted in Hong Kong forum

Hi, i am in a same sex relationship and about to enter into a civil partnership with my english bf here in the UK. He has been given the opportunity to take up a paid position in Hong Kong and his company is arranging visas and flights. I would like to move with him (obviously!) but my question is will I be able to work in Hong Kong? I don't have a university degree but do have over 15 years of work experience. Will I be able to reside in HK as his partner and look for work once there? I have read mixed opinions on some other sites so any practical advice, examples or contacts would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Post a reply