Posted in Luxembourg forum
I have copied in a professional letter below, outlining the scope of my practice.
My name is Christopher W. Boylan. I am an American citizen and practicing Psychologist newly returned to Europe, where I have lived since 1996. I have therapeutic experience in the treatment of children/teens, adults, couples and families for issues ranging from Moderate Depression to severe Mental Illness. My professional credentials include:
• Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology, Bachelor of Science in Psychology
• Certification in Treatment of Domestic Violence (Victims & Perpetrators)
• Certification in Psychopharmacology
• Diploma in Clinical and Advanced Hypnosis, Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma
• Specialist Certification in Hypnotic Smoking Cessation
• English speaking individual adults, children, teens, couples and families.
Scope of Service:
I provide Psychological services for a wide range of Mental Health Disorders and personal difficulties. These difficulties include, but are not limited to:
• Anxiety Disorders - generalized anxiety disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder ( PTSD), obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, specific phobias
• Mood Disorders - depression, mania, bipolar disorder
• Psychotic Disorders - hallucinations, delusions, schizophrenia
• Eating Disorders - anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder
• Impulse Control and Addiction Disorders - Pyromania (starting fires), kleptomania (stealing) and compulsive gambling are examples of impulse control disorders. Alcohol and drugs are common objects of addictions
• Personality Disorders - antisocial personality disorder, obsessive-compulsive personality disorder, paranoid personality disorder.
• Adjustment Disorders - emotional or behavioral symptoms in response to a stressful event or situation
• Sexual and Gender Disorders - sexual dysfunction, gender identity disorder, paraphilias
I apply a broad range of treatments and therapeutic approaches in the treatment/management of the above listed issues. I strive to remain evidence-based, incorporating updates to scientific knowledge into my route of practice.
Applicable treatments/tools may include, but are not limited to:
• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
• Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy (REBT)
• Existential/Humanistic Therapy
• Family Systems Therapy
• Hypnotherapy (Eriksonian or Braid Models)
• Objective Assessment Instruments
• Subjective Assessment Instruments
I have broad experience in collaboration with Psychiatric and Medical professionals in the management of medications and physical ailments that impact mental health. I am comfortable with report-based correspondence related to current status of patients if consent for such has been granted.
Hours of Availability:
Tuesday to Friday -- 0800-1700
Saturday -- 0900-1600
Fees will be assessed at a standard rate of €90 per hour.
LUX – 691 14 86 29
GER – 0171/5311954