• Re:

posted by Deleted user in Netherlands forum 

The utility bill is usually included in the rent, else it is around 150 euros (gas, electricity,etc).

Ask your company if they reimburse back the transport. Having a car is expensive here, I guess there is some tax/insurance also you have to pay. It's better to bike, yes it's a cyclists' country. It's very safe to bike, there are separate bike lanes and the traffic is not even half as in Pakistan. Cities are smaller.

But better rent a place close to your office.

Initially, you have to wait for a month (to get the BSN number-an identity number) before the company can pay you.

But before a BSN number you need a housing contract.
    Try to rent a home directly through the owner as property dealers here have high comission (normally one month rent +19% VAT). Also the owner will demand a security of 1-2 months rent (refundable). So in the first month, say 700 is rent, you will need say 700+ 700*1.19 + say 1000 security = 2500 euros approx.

I would advise you to ask your company to help you with the BSN procedure, and help you in home finding so that you have discounted rates for rent and comssion.

If you don't have enough cash, ask the company to pay off the bills and later deduct from your salary in intsalments or so. You can also demand a joining allowance when you are there.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Post a reply

Other replies