Posted in Netherlands forum
My family and i are considering emigrating to the Netherlands (Rotterdam). There may be a job opp soon and really just waiting on the offer.
Kids are 4 & 2, wife currently does not work.
- Does anyone know a fairly good salary range to support a family of 4?
- I know housing is really expensive. We thinking areas like Zwijndrecht and Barendrecht, what's the average rental for a 3 bed home? (not really a flat and would like a garden even if it's small for the kids)
- Eating out at restaurants i bet is expensive but what would a typical grocery list (food basics) cost per week?
- Are there any Bi-Lingual schools for our kids? I worry a lot that they would be on the back foot if it is purely a Dutch speaking school?
- Is there any South African groups or forums you could recommend to join? Meeting fellow South Africans in Rotterdam would be fantastic.
Any other sound advice would be greatly appreciated!!
posted by in Netherlands forum
I too am considering moving to the Netherlands. I am at present looking out for job opportunities either in Amsterdam or Eindhoven. I have a daughter living in Germany and would love to be close to her and her husband.
My wife and I leave on holiday in May and we will be landing in Amsterdam on the 24th May 2017, en route to Berlin.