Back to Oman forum

1200 Omani rial.. enough to save money and survive??

Posted in Oman forum

Dear Friends,
I have an offer from Oman, muscat of 1200 OR.
accomodation and food i have to manage out of above package.
I am very confused, whether to accept this offer or not, since I have heard accomodation cost will be very high, beside that I have to hire a car for daily travel (otherwise life will be difficult over there).
company provide medical facilities & annual ticket to india.
Pls tell me how much I have to spent monthly on accomodation, food, and travelling??
I am bachelor and having simple life style..

Your reply will be very important for me...

Thanks
Jay

• PRABHAT KUMAR YANN

posted by  in Oman forum 

Hi All

I would like to have your valuable comments regarding some discussion on Salary bracket of an Recruitment manager working with Construction Companies. Just would like to know whether is it good to get an package of 1000 RO (all inclusive ) (One year Contract ) with family accommodation without car facility ( only pick and drop company will provide) . Seeking some advise from professionals who have good enough experience in Oman.Please share some good salary break -up if possible . In addition company is saying once you get license we will provide you car & can i ask them to provide car instantly & i will take driver on salary basis on my own ??? and also require details what should be the salary of an House Driver and from where i can get ???

Hope i can get precious information from here only to take the final decision .

Regards
    Prabhat

• Go to M P's profile

posted by  in Oman forum 

Hi Friends,

I am a Chartered Accountant (India) with over 7 years of experience in equity research from India. I have been offered a job of Investment Manager in Muscat (Qurum)with a private investmen holding company for a salary of 1400 OMR+Varibale Bonus. Pllease advise me whether this is a reasonable salary for my experience/profile & whether I would be able to save from this amount (at least 600-700OMR) after I move my family and stay at Ruwi.

Thanks in advance.
    Regards,

• Neon Crane

posted by  in Oman forum 

Hi,
    Congratulations on your offer. Unfortunately While 1200 is on the face of it a decent package, you have to remember that food and accomodation and transport are substantially higher now than last year. Inflation is 4.3% and a 2 bed in ruwi now ranges from 350 to 500 in the MBD CBD area of ruwi, which i assume you will be staying in till you get a driving licence. Another big expense in your monthly budget compared to india will be phone expenses . The Middle east average revenue per month is one of the highest in the world, and communication with family in India will be a considerable expense. This is partly because of the small population and high speed networks. Sype does not work. Sorry. Financial accountants/analysts in govt cos and semi govt cos get in the range of 1600 to 1900 easily, and certification takes you a lot farther. I'm unaware of your role, so i would be unable to comment more, even though i work in the same industry. With 2 or more years of experience perhaps you could bid for more. Average meals at most restaurants range from 2-5. The mcdonalds value meal is 2.something. Premium restaurants meals can go to around 7 RO excluding alchohol and dessert. Again, sorry. Till you get a licence to drive/hire, you willl be taking cabs, which are around 2-3 RO to the major supermarkets from ruwi, depending on where you stay.My guess is that you will be staying close to the office. If so, at MBD, its about RO 1.5 to the major Indian supermarket. But there are a lot of other interesting alternatives. Medical insurance and return tickets are common and mandatory in some companies.
    If you are able to mechanically adhere to a frugal lifestyle month after month, then you will probably be able to save amounts suggested here. Otherwise it's unlikely. Sharing accomodation cuts costs overall, but will raise other issues and complications and overheads, periodically. Good luck.

• Go to Vikas Agarwal's profile

posted by  in Oman forum 

It all depends more on you. You are here to earn and so you can live a normal life nd can save a lot. Now if you want big house, car from starting than its different. But else 1200 is an good amount in OMan.

• Go to tapas mohanty's profile

posted by  in Oman forum 

u can save 700+ per month

• sankar E

posted by  in Oman forum 

Since u r a fresh CA salary is ok in the light of indian salary- If you to move within city u can have taxi at reasonble cost - If you can save around 800 ro ,then nothing wrong in moving- Thanks bye .

• Diljan AlBalushi

posted by  in Oman forum 

it good 1200 ro for month

• Go to jay C's profile

posted by  in Oman forum 

Thanks sankar....

but without car hiring, will it be easy to travel in oman,
    one of my friend said, travel will nto be an issue as there are share taxi etc..

also, I am finance professional (CA fresher),, is this salary gud enough compare to standard salary over there??

• sankar E

posted by  in Oman forum 

Location and nature of work as well qualification and post not understood; still,accommodation may be around 200-300 RO per month and hiring a vehicle is much expensive say 600 RO; better ask company to provide vehicle;otherwise in that hot climate your earning may be around (1200-50-250-600) =300X140 = Rs.42000

• Go to jay C's profile

posted by  in Oman forum 

Thanks williams,
    Can you tell me about monthly car hire charges... my requirement are very simple..
    end of the day my motive is to save maximum amount to send back to india..

Can sharing accomodation will cost more than 200 OR??

Thanks
    Jay

Post a reply