Posted in Bloemfontein forum
There was a 2004 EU directive that was adopted by the UK Government in April of 2006. This means that British ex-pats that have frozen private or company pensions left in the UK are now allowed to transfer their pensions into a Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pension Scheme or QROPS for short. It must be an approved HMRC QROPS.
The benefits in doing so are tremendous in terms of:
* Greater Tax Efficiency
* Solid Growth Opportunities with Top and Respected Fund Managers ensuring Global Diversification,
* Elements of Capital Protection, Low to Medium Risk
* Effective Estate Planning
* Consolation into one pot if more than one pension to transfer
* Greater Flexibility on how to take benefits
* Cost Effectiveness
* Ability to add lump sums and build on one’s retirement planning which so extremely important
If you would like more information or would like to be contacted regarding transferring your UK pension then please email me at [...] or simply reply via the forum.