Back to Taiwan forum

Spouse Arc extension from abroad

Posted in Taiwan forum

I am a french citizen married to a taiwanese woman. The wedding was in 2012. We lived in taiwan from 09/2015 to 10/2016 and since then have been living in france. I have a 3 year ARC card I got before leaving taiwan that will expire in july 2019.
I would like to know if it is possible to renew the ARC from outside taiwan so that if we decide to go back to taiwan in the future I won't have to go through the whole resident visa application process from scratch again.
I called the french Taiwan consulate, they told me it should be possible to have a taiwanese agent do the paperwork in taiwan for me. They told me to get more info from the immigration agency but I cannot find the relevant information on their website.
Any help would be appreciated.

Post a reply