Olmsted Parks October Challenge: Run, Walk, Bike, or Hike from 10/11-25 and Win Prizes!
Shake COVID-19 cabin fever with Olmsted Parks Conservancy's inaugural October Challenge in the Olmsted Parks, presented by BBandT/Truist.
For just $25, you can run, walk, bike, or hike to give back to the parks you love by competing in virtual challenges across our Olmsted Parks. Complete unique Strava challenges to be entered to win up to $1,300 in special prizes!
Here's how it works:
1. Register at olmstedparks.org or Eventbrite using the ticket link.
2. Join the "Olmsted Parks October Challenge" club on your Strava app or go to https://www.strava.com/clubs/olmsted-parks-october-challenge-744744.
3. Choose from a series of challenges/routes in Strava that range in distances, locations, terrain, and activities (running, walking, hiking, biking).
4. Complete at least one route in the "Olmsted Parks October Challenge" club on Strava between October 11 - 25 to be entered to win your very own tree in an Olmsted Park ($750 value). Complete multiple challenges for chances to win extra prizes, like gift cards to local businesses and stores.
Your $25 registration fee comes with a limited-edition performance t-shirt and an Olmsted Parks Conservancy membership. Funds raised will help enhance signage in the Olmsted Parks to improve your park experience and help you better navigate trails. #MemberPerkAlert: Olmsted Parks Conservancy members enjoy a 30% discount on registration.
Here are some challenges you can expect to see:
* Bike, Walk, or Run the Scenic Loop in Cherokee Park, Iroquois Park Louisville, KY, or Shawnee Park for a chance to win a $100 Ken Combs Running Store Gift Card, thanks to our presenting sponsor BBandT / Truist.
* Walk or Run to complete the Kaden Properties Limited Neighborhood 3k challenge for a chance to win a $100 Quest Outdoors gift card.
Category: Sports / Leisure
Date and Time: On Sunday October 11, 2020 at 12:00 am (ends Sunday October 25, 2020 at 11:59 pm)