- About me:
- 8 years experience in Telecommunication industry with proficiency in planning, project management, implementation, network operation and documentation to support voice and data services. ECI multiplexers, Ciena 6500, Fujitsu Flashwave 6600
- Living in:
- Looking for:
- 31 years
- Australia, Singapore
- Computers/Internet, Bowling, Football
- Favourite music:
- Favourite films:
- Favourite books:
- Things I like:
- Relationship status:
- StarHub Ltd
- Company blog:
- Telecommunications Engineer
- Field of work:
- Submarine Networks Engineer / Telecommunications
- Former Career:
RICHARD DEL ROSARIO LACA
Address: BLK 138 Bishan Street 12 Unit # 04 -456 Singapore 157138
FIN #: G3237589N (S-PASS)
Mobile Number: +65-9883-6298
Email Address: [...] / [...]
Skype ID: richardlaca
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Accomplished a role of Telecom Engineer for 8 year experience in Telecommunication industry with proficiency in planning, project management, implementation, network operation and documentation to support voice and data services
• 3 year experience as Technical Support Engineer for NOC Support, Service Provisioning in a networking environment and 1 year experience in RF, Radio Network Planning and Engineering
• 4 years in Project Management and technical Coordination with multiple vendors and stakeholders for the timely delivery of services
• Experience in handling Ciena 6500 and Fujitsu Equipment for Submarine Cable System
• Equipped with knowledge in configuration and troubleshooting of ECI multiplexers for Ethernet and SDH transmission platform, with Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and Juniper Network Certified Associate (JNCIA) certification.
TECHNICAL SKILL SET
• ECI XDM 100, XDM 300, XDM 500, XDM1000, XDM2000, XDM3000, BG-20, BG-30, BG-40,BG-64, micro SDM, Huawei Metro500, Metro1000, OSN1500, Huawei CX01 & CX01M4, Ciena 6500, Flashwave 660
• Mentum Planet, Path Loss, Global Mapper, NMS Lightsoft eNM, eNM – BGF, ECI – LCT-BGF, Pegasus, FRMS, BERT Tester, JDSU Tester, NIT (Network Information Tool), Huawei U2000 Network Management System, GIS (Global Information System) for Dark Fiber Monitoring, Optical Spectrum Analyzer, OTDR (Optical Time Domain Reflectometer), 10G/100G Ethernet Tester, Optical Power Meter, Ciena Site Manager,
• Cisco IOS and CATOS, Junos, XDM and BG, Windows XP/2000/2003/2007/2010, Linux Ubuntu, Cent OS, Redhat, Autocad 2007, MS Visio
• E1, DS3, Ethernet
SUBMARINE NETWORK - ENGINEER September 18, 2017 - present
• Experience in planning and implementation of submarine cable system (APG, ASE, AAG etc)
• Experience in testing, commissioning, operation and maintenance of submarine cable equipment (SLTE, PFE, DWDM/SDH, EMS, NMS, DCN etc.) and its ancillary equipment
• Testing and implementation of submarine cable communication equipment and links.
• Operation and maintenance of third party equipment in the cable stations
• Developing and administering the operation procedures for cable station co-location and interconnection
• 24 hour standby on call for cable station operations
• System Testing and fault resolution
• On-board representatives on vessel for submarine cable projects or repairs
TRANSMISSION CORE & ACCESS - ENGINEER January 18, 2016 - Sept 15, 2017
• Planning and management of fibre resources and optimization of transmission network
• To make arrangement with contractors/vendors for visiting the Central Offices, CNN & RC sites.
• To work with vendors and stakeholders to ensure timely rollout of projects
• Network design & fibre assignment
• Validate and updating of documents and systems by using NIT (Network Information Tools) and Access to Huawei U2000 Management System.
• Assist on generating request for recovery order of Huawei Metro500, Metro1000 and OSN1500 to ensure the timely completion of equipment recovery prior to migration of network nodes.
• Liaising with vendors ( Huawei, ZTE, BTI) and contractors (Nexwave, UPCOM, LuckyJoint etc.) to ensure the timely completion of E-E (end to end fiber patching and testing) prior to migration activity.
• Generate E-E (end to end connectivity diagram) for fiber assignment for pre & post migration of PCTN & SDH network
• Fiber Patching, testing and troubleshooting of fiber based on end to end connectivity
• Manage project implementation for Card Insertion, Node Insertion,Equipment Installation and acquisition of Building Access Permit
SERVICE PROVISIONING SUPPORT - ENGINEER Nov 3, 2014 - Jan 15, 2016
SINGTEL - Global Enterprise International Malaysia Sdn Bhd
• Proactively monitor the corporate data provisioning in order to reduce slippages on circuits delivering based on customers' requested date.
• To perform day-to-day provisioning activities and track the implementation of data circuit provisioning.
• Act as a main liaison with system integrators, partners, customers and internal employees to ensure on time delivery. Collaborate with relevant internal stakeholders to resolve customer network problem during implementation process time.
• Collaboration and liaising with fiber contractors for fiber installation jobs.
• Support products for voice and data services of SingTel like Metro Ethernet, SingNet Elite, MegaPOP Elite, GIGAWAVE Lite and ISDN2/10/30, for new service, Cease, Hot Upgrade and External Relocation.
• Supports high value carrier sales account on the provisioning period, assist customer on giving accurate updates and manage implementation of circuit provisioning.
FACILITIES PLANNING ENGINEER Nov 18, 2013 – October 29, 2014
Eastern Telecomm Philippines Inc. (ETPI)
• Acts as Network Administrator for Eastern’s domestic and international cable facilities.
• Maintains up-to-date records of international wet segment facilities (APCN2, SMW3, AAG) and domestic backhaul utilization (NDTN, Globe and PLDT)
• Attends meeting with sales, technical sales and project managers of both local and international carriers for consolidation of requirements involving activation of domestic and international leased circuits
• Supervises end-to-end activation of domestic backhaul and wet segment facilities for data and IP Uplinks
• Facilitates coordination with internal teams, third party provider, foreign admin, contractors, and project managers for the timely completion of projects
• Provides fault identification and analysis for impaired third party domestic and international circuit
• Ensures effective and timely high level escalation of faults to concerned domestic and foreign admin
• Acts as project leader in O&M activities for domestic SDH backhaul and international facilities (IPLCs) during cable breaks, restoration and migration activities
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER / NOC SUPPORT ENGINEER May 18, 2011 – Nov 16, 2013
ECI Telecom (Philippines) Inc.
• Responsible in network monitoring system of all eci smart network projects. (MicroSDM, XDM-100, XDM-300, XDM-500, XDM-1000, XDM-2000, XDM-3000 and BG20 Multiplexer)
• Responsible for Smart's FITL STM4 to STM16 and STM16 to STM64 migration project.
• Manages all the alarms, and performs an immediate troubleshooting, restorations of affected circuits, develops and implements emergency measures for all service affecting events
• Responsible in creating trails cross-connection in all E1s and STM1 Slot (63E1) using Network Management System (NMS) Lightsoft Software.
• Responsible in creating/configuring Data Services on ECI equipments for SMART Wireless Broadband circuits using Network Management System (NMS) Lightsoft Software
• Responsible in Software Upgrades of existing XDM and BG20 equipments to cater newly/additional services without affecting traffics on the network
• Responsible in uploading of newly installed XDM and BG20 equipments on the Network Management System (ECI EMS-XDM and eNM Lightsoft)
• Commissioning and configuration setting of newly activated cards/modules in the XDM-100, XDM-300, XDM-500, XDM-1000, XDM-2000 and BG20 equipments
RF ENGINEER / TELECOM ENGINEER Jan 4, 2010 – Jan 3, 2011
IGTL Network Services Philippines – Inc. (deployed to Globe Telecom and Wi-Tribe Telecom)
• Apply propagation theory, cellular theory, RF Engineering tools and antenna theory to choose tower antenna placement.
• Perform RF network planning which includes coverage planning, frequency planning and interference analysis.
• Working on RF Planning tool such as Mentum Planet, Map Info 9, GPS and Global Mapper
• Design Cell site RF nominal search ring, RF antenna height and tilts
• Recommend physical site upgrade such as tilting & panning of antenna.
• Perform joint technical site survey and lead the team in site hunt to attain best plan signal coverage
• Provide technical site survey report (TSSR) with accuracy of information
• Performed IBS Testing as well as Site Survey of 2G, 3G and WIMAX of Globe Network.
TRAININGS AND SKILLS
System / Network Administrator/CCNA Training
Rivan IT System (March 2013 – April 2013)
• Knowledge of routing protocols (e.g EIGRP, OSPF, RIP) in a mixed environment of Cisco
• Knowledge of VLAN technology, VTP and STP protocols with layer 3 switching with Spanning-tree Protection and RSTP/MSTp
• Experience in Access Control List, Cisco Firewalls, VPN Technologies and other security technologies on IOS based firewall
• Position requires a deep knowledge of Cisco devices and Networking protocols
• Protocols: OSPF, BGP, STP, MPLS,
• Hardware: Cisco 2900. 4000, 3600, 7200.,
• Protocols: TCP/IP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP,
• Infrastructure expertise: LAN, WAN and MAN
• Knowledge of all aspects of TCP/IP with developing knowledge of IPV6 and IPV4 to IPV6 Migration Strategies. Can implement subnetting / supernetting on core routers as well as QoS
EDUCATIONS / CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communications Engineering
WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY-PHILIPPINES (Cabanatuan City)
PROVINCIAL MANPOWER TRAINING CENTER (Cabanatuan City)
Juniper Networks JNCIA Certified
ID Number: JPR215474 (October 2013)
CCNA Routing and Switching
CISCO ID: CSCO12410259 (June 2013)
Registered Electronics Engineer (ECE)
PRC License No. 0047942 (April 2011)
Age: 30 years old
Religion: Roman Catholic
Language: English and Tagalog
Visa Status in Singapore: SPASS (Skilled Pass)
FIN #: G3237589N
Reason for Leaving: Better career in international company with better opportunity for competitive skills
Availability to commence work: Immediate