- m young inspection services ltd
- Coating inspection
- Field of work:
- coating inspector
- Former Career:
- 20 years offshore
I have over 25 years’ experience in the Protective Coatings Industry on the construction and maintenance of Oil and Gas platforms, refineries and petrochemical plants within the UK and abroad, working overseas in the middle east in a project management role with overall control of EPC teams and sub-contractors.
As I was in several different roles as a coating inspector/ advisor the responsibilities are very diverse. Mainly my responsibilities where consisting of:
· Keeping records and tracking of daily logs, activities onsite as well as inspections, writing reports and reviewing reports of colleagues. On stand-alone base and in a team.
· Perform coating inspection as required in the specifications according to the applicable standards.
· Advise as independent coating expert during disputes between the parties.
· Drawn up, review and modify coating specifications and procedures.
· Set up in-house quality programs.
· Ensuring a high standard of safety on all work being carried out.
I have experience at working at all levels having worked my way from a surface preparator and coating applicator into supervision and ultimately a Client Coatings Inspector, currently a NACE level 3 Peer review certification.
My career has also been in Inspection and supervision capacity, I am experienced in a wide range of modern paint systems
I am capable of ensuring that all Contractors QA/QC procedures, International standards and clients specifications are complied with as well as maintaining a high standard of safety. Working with process and instrumentation diagrams to ensure correct areas are completed within the scope of work.I’m also qualified in IOSH health and safety and accident and investigation. I’m Competent in the reading and understanding of P&IDs.