Clinical Placements - Melbourne July 2017
Sourcing sufficient numbers of quality clinical placements continues to be a pressing challenge for the higher education sector. Given a lack of structured interface the establishment of positive, sustainable partnerships between healthcare and educational institutions is the key to producing qualified, work-ready health professional graduates.
Combined with vast projected shortages and maldistribution of the Australian future health workforce, there is a pressing need to take a coordinated approach to address this issue now.
The Clinical Placements 2017 conference will explore the systemic and underlying factors limiting capacity and quality and also look at practical examples of how organisations are tackling these issues right now.
This conference will address how to:
- Leverage resources to maximise opportunities for clinical placements
- Understand what makes a quality clinical placement
- Monitor and measure placement quality
- Develop and nurture collaborative partnerships
- Streamline processes to minimise wastage
- Draw upon best practice from different disciplines
Who will attend?
- Higher Education professionals:
- Deans & Heads of Health Schools / Departments
- Clinical Placement Managers / Coordinators / Directors
- Work Integrated Learning Managers
- Health Care professionals:
- Clinical Education & Training Managers
- Directors of Nursing & Nurse Unit Managers
- Clinical Placement Managers / Supervisors
- Federal and State Government Departments of Health representatives
- Accreditation Bodies & Industry Associations
Standard Rates: AUD 2699
Commercial Solution Providers: AUD 3699
Speakers: Cliff Hughes, Karen Dodd, Rachel Yates, Vicki Manning