fév.

Bimbo's 365 Club

1025 Columbus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA Plan

Noise Pop 2018 Festival Presents:
Enter Shikari at Slim's
with Single Mothers, Milk Teeth, Long Knives
Wednesday, February 21, 2018
6pm Doors / 7pm Show / All Ages

Born Valerie Teicher, Tei Shi remembers composing songs as early as eight years old — sometimes in a diary, other times recording herself on tapes (some of which are featured on the album) — setting down phrases or melodies as they came to her. Born in Buenos Aires and growing up between (Bogota,) Colombia and (Vancouver,) Canada, she began dreaming of herself as a singer, a performer and an artist. Perhaps symbolic of this newfound determination, around the same time, she struggled with an extreme fear of the night and entered a period of insomnia. To combat this new fear of the dark and unknown she forced herself to hide inside her family home’s crawlspace for a minute each night, in order to confront her fear. This crawl space became a sort of symbol for her at this formative phase of her life.

Teicher treated her musical aspirations the same way for some time - comforting and important, but still secret, still too personal to really show the world. “For the first year or two, I was testing the waters,” she says. “I wanted to be in the background a bit, to put the music out there and have it be more of an abstract thing. All of the earlier artwork was a little more ethereal, too; it didn’t have me on it.” Even as she began to study and release music, this instinct to hide kept a hold on her.

On Wednesday February 21, 2018 at 7:00 pm (ends 11:59 pm)

Category: Arts - Performing Arts - Music

Price:

General Admission: USD 22

Venue: Bimbo's 365 Club, 1025 Columbus Ave, San Francisco, 94133

Links:

Tickets: https://go.evvnt.com/201346-0?pid=5072

Se rendre au profil de Evvnt Promotion
Organisateur:
 Evvnt Promotion