Back to Nigerija forum

hi

Poslano u Nigerija forum

actually i get a good offerletter to work in company for gas in lagos

NIGERIAN LIQUEFIED NATURAL GAS
Victoria Island,

can u tell how much life cost there?..per mounth i mean for normal
food..cominucations.. internet..beer !.. range ..they will allow accomodation for me

can anyone advice
thanks ...

Idite na profil od Izbrisan korisnik

• Ugo Ogbonnaya

Poslano od   u Nigerija forum 

If you are sure you've been hired by NLNG, then you have very little, and i mean VERY LITTLE, to worry about. NLNG takes good care of its staff. And Nigeria is a very nice country to live and work in as a foreigner.

The only thing you have to worry about is your bad habits. Please leave them behind in your country of origin before coming to Nigeria.

Irrespective of the city you're going to work in (of course it's going to be mainly in Lagos), accommodation in Nigeria is relatively cheap even in the high brows of Victoria Island and Lekki Peninsular in Lagos. i.e., when you compare it with what you will pay for same residential space in cities like Dublin, London, Brussels,or New York, etc. To keep accommodation cost down, you can explore the option of sharing apartment with other reliable persons once in Nigeria. But then, that will depend on your own manners.

Food? of course you will get whatever you wanna eat here. Beers? Plentiful. Transportation? Get a car as soon as you can. Sure there should be staff transportation arrangement by the company for official duties.

And finally, one important thing you will find especially in southern Nigeria is religious freedom and tolerance, and this you should try and contribute to.

If you need more advice, particularly with accommodation and transportation, send me a message here.

Cheers.

• SAMUEL FAMUWAGUN

Poslano od   u Nigerija forum 

Depending on your salary but life in victoria island is very very costly and you need to get some fact about nigeria transpotation bcos that is where people suffer most.

Your employer should be able to pay you close half a million naira if you live a comfortable life in nigera, standard of living is low here.

But your money is your money in nigeria, is a lovely place to live i bet it with you nigeria is just one of the best country you can live and enjoy yourself. Beer is just a minor case.

take care, samuel

Pošaljite odgovor