Powrót do Niemcy forum

Billed 500 euro by parship.de site

Dodane na Niemcy forum

I have arrived to Germany around a year ago and registered to Parship site, to see if i can meet nice lady, here in Germany.
I have seen soon that the language barrier make it very complicated and although i have register for one year after a month stopped using your site.

Few days ago i was billed for almost 500 Euro, by the automatic renew.
I am sorry, i have not been aware to this renew.
I believe that even if it is my mistake, the site as honorable site in Germany would not want to make profit out of regulation mistakes, and after reducing some amount for your administrative work, will repay me money that we take for a service I do not want.

Still, what they have answered me -
"Please note that you should cancel no less than 12 Weeks before the end of your current subscription term.
Unfortunately, your subscription has already automatically renewed"

Does someone knows the regulations or can advise me what can I do next?
I cannot believe someone cannot cancel an order even if it is automatic payment, but i am not aware of German laws.

Thanks,

Meir

• Idź do meir shilo profilu

dodane przez  w  Niemcy forum 

I assume you are right. the small man is small compare to the companies. We will see, they offered me discount, but when i have agreed, they 'disappear' again for 5 days. i am not sure what is this company way of doing business or treating the customer.

• Idź do Frank (confidential) profilu

You are right that there are regulations to what one can write in the fineprint and what not (or, if they do, it is invalid).
    But you can be sure that big companies like Parship, who live off such subscription fees as their only income, have good lawyers who checked everything and made sure it is valid before you got to sign it.
    The clause requiring termination with 12 weeks (3 months) written notice (Fax counts as written in German legalese, Email not!) if one wants to prevent a 12 months renewal is pretty common and definitely valid.
    I am not wrong here and I know what I am talking about. You can of course disagree, but it will be a fight with the windmills. If you do, please come back here and report afterwards! If not, I still recommend asking for mercy and suggesting a mutually agreeable solution - as they might well prefer that to a legal struggle even if they are certain to win.

unfortunately i don't think you are correct. Someone can write anything in T and C, there are regulations to what one can write or not, and to what period one can cancel any purchase he did, whatsoever the T and C one decides to write.
    for example, they request fax 12 weeks before. I am not sure it is according to the general regulations of Deutschland tread regulations.

i am in a weak point of negotiation as i am a foreigner from Israel in Germany, and did not expect this kind of issue in German 2016. I find it not respectable.

I am just telling you the legal side - you made a contract and agreed to the terms and conditions, now (legally) you must abide by it.
    If they, out of goodwill (and to keep their reputation), offer you a better deal, that's up to them. You have a bad negotiating position, but maybe if you offer them half the amount, they'd take it. It is not realistic to expect them to settle for nothing!

there is no intention in customer relationship to charge 500 euros for service someone does not want to use. i think it is beyond a law, just a normal, basic interaction between human beings.
    in any case i am discussing this with them and i hope we can get to some arrangment.

Such "automatic renewal if not terminated in time" clauses are legal and common in Germany.
    You knew that (or could have known if you read the fineprint - not doing so is no excuse!) when you signed up.
    Unfortunately there is nothing you can do but pay and cancel now with the next possible effectivity.

Dodaj odpowiedź