Назад к форуму: Бразилия

How to travel with Brazilian step-child without signature from absent mother

Опубликовано в форум в Бразилия


I am a British woman recently married to a Brazilian man who has an 11 year old son, we live in Salvador, Bahia. We would like to travel together at the end of the year to visit my Family in the UK.

I've heard and read that both parents need to sign a travel authorization form for this to be possible but my problem is my husband is a single father. My step sons mother lives in another country and has done for the past 8-9 years with little contact and no financial support. How can we get around this if she is not even in the country to sign an authorization form and has given up her parental responsibilities by leaving her child?

I have heard about a 'Guarda' that my husband could get, but we are not sure how to go about this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.


  • Зайти в профиль Rene Limburg

    опубликовал  в форум в Бразилия 

    Even travelling with my wife's own kid and with the documents signed by the father (me) my Brazilian wife was not allowed to leave Brazil.

    You have no chance.

    Normally you would have a document signed by the Mum to say that the Dad is the sole guardian, but if you cannot do that you are in a difficult situation. If you are determined then I suggest you consult a lawyer. Perhaps you can become the official guardian. That would help.

Ответить сообщением