Опубликовано в форум в Нигерия
Appen is looking for native speakers of Igbo for a transcription project.
The work will involve listening to audio recordings of Igbo speech and typing on computer in Igbo what is said, or fixing the given original Igbo text to match the audio. Work is on a flexible basis with minimum availability of 10 hours per week.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be a native speaker of Igbo (as spoken in Nigeria)
• Must be able to understand Owerri, Onitsha and Ngwa
• Must have the ability to read and write standard Igbo
• Must have basic computer knowledge and typing skills
• Can understand written English instructions
• Must have access to a computer and internet connection with the latest version of Firefox, Java and Flash Player
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
An interest in the Igbo language, its spelling system and how borrowed words are spelled would be an advantage.
If this is something that you qualify for, or perhaps you have a friend to refer, please visit our opportunity in the link below.
or alternatively open the link below:
After you apply in the recruitment platform, please go to http://appenonline.appen.com.au and register anew (this is a new link); then complete both the Igbo Ngwa Dialect Spelling Test and the Igbo Spelling Test (No Diacritics) as this is the first step to assess your qualification.
Appen develops high quality speech and language technology solutions namely used in car navigation systems, mobile phones, word processing packages, directory assistance, speaker verification tools and hand-held machine translation devices. Our staff comprises Linguists, IT professionals and Project Managers who collaborate to produce quality work in over 100 different languages for many of the world’s leading companies.