Effie Anderson Smith (1869-1955) - Historic Artist Studio Open House

Nov

) — ()

Commonwealth Mine Manager's House

1494 East School Road, Pearce, AZ 85625, USA Map

First Public Display since 1938 in the House where the Artist painted !
Pearce AZ Home of Pioneer Desert Painter EFFIE ANDERSON SMITH
OPEN to the GENERAL PUBLIC
Nov. 29th & 30th - 10:00a to 4:00p

It has been more than 80 years since Effie Anderson Smith (1869-1955) - known as the Dean of
Arizona Women Artists - last opened her home for the public to see her nationally acclaimed
impressionist desert landscape paintings of Cochise Stronghold, the Chiricahua Mountains, High
Lonesome Road, Cave Creek Canyon, the Sulphur Springs Valley and the Grand Canyon.

2019 marks Mrs. Smith’s 150th Birthday Anniversary, and the E.A. Smith Archive is grateful to
Commonwealth Silver & Gold for inviting the general public into Effie’s former home on two
days in November to see twelve of Effie’s most iconic desert paintings, on display in the rooms
where she conceived and finished painting these and many of her finest mature period canvases.
This is the last of Effie’s homes in Pearce, built 1929-30 after a devastating fire had destroyed
Effie’s earlier Pearce home (c. 1897) and studio, along with many earlier works.

For the first time in 80 years, Effie’s 1930 house will again be open to the public for you to catch
a rare glimpse into E.A. Smith’s life and art. In addition to the paintings, you will enjoy a
photographic display of the history of the legendary Commonwealth Mine, along with many
mining artifacts on view throughout the house, and historic photos of the artist and her family.

The Smith House was also simultaneously the Commonwealth Mine Manager’s House during
the years Effie's husband (A.Y. Smith, 1869-1931) served as Bookkeeper, Superintendent and
President of the historic Commonwealth Mining and Milling Company. The present house
still serves today’s Commonwealth Silver and Gold in that role as its local site office.

The historic home of Arizona’s Pioneer Painter, Effie Anderson Smith will be open FREE
to the public on Friday, Nov. 29th and Saturday, Nov. 30th. 1

Prejdite na profil Evvnt Promotion
Organizer:
 Evvnt Promotion