Објављено на Француска Форум
Trekking in the Dolpo region of Nepal helps you to witness the grandeur of the rugged, far-west of Nepal. Dolpo is neighboring Tibet, where the culture and much of the landscape are reminiscent of its northern neighbor. The west portion of the district is home to the She-Phoksundo National Park, the largest in Nepal.
West Nepal is also undeveloped and very poor, as well as being remote. In much of Nepal, tourism infrastructure in Dolpo isn't what it is, and camping and carrying your food supplies are necessary. Permissions are costly, and in Upper Dolpo, you can not trek independently.
But the deep valleys, high passes and mountains, the turquoise Phoksundo Lake, the 800-year-old Shey Monastery and a few rare wildlife — including the elusive snow leopard — reward intrepid trekkers who visit here.
Trekking in the far west Upper Dolpo region of Nepal brings you into one of the Himalayan's most remote areas. Expeditions to Dolpo can be challenging because there is almost no tourism infrastructure, so organized tours are essential. But the rewards have been worthwhile: Tibetan Buddhism, the beautiful Phoksundo lake, unique wildlife, and the real feeling of living in the wilderness.
UPPER DOLPO TREK: HIGHLIGHTS
Trek through parts of Nepal, which few visitors have ever seen.
Keep an eye out for snow leopards at Shey Phoksundo National Park, one of the world's largest concentrations of wildlife.
Gaze over Lake Phoksundo's turquoise waters.
Visit Shey Gompa, an 800-year-old monastery at the base of Crystal Mountain immortalized in "The Snow Leopard" by Peter Matthiessen.
Witness the yarchagumba spring hunt — a strange caterpillar fungus commonly sought after for its medicinal qualities.
24 Days Upper Dolpo Trekking itinerary
Days Destination Altitude in Meters Walking Distance
1. Fly to Nepalgunj 150 0h55 by flight
2. Fly to Juphal then trek to Dunai 2160 0h40 then 3h00
3. Dunai to Chhekpa 2650 6h00
4. Trek to Jharana Hotel 3170 6h30
5. Trek to Phoksundo Lake 3650 4h00
6. Acclimatization day!
7. Trek to River Bed Camp 3660 6h00
8. Trek to Nando – La High Camp 4120 6h30
9. Trek to Shey Gompa via Kang – La Pass (5360) 4400 6h00
10. Rest & explore Crystal Mountain
11. Trek to Numagung via Shey – La (5000) 4200 6h30
12. Trek to Saldang 3970 3h30
13. Trek to Yangtser Gompa 4400 5h30
14. Trek to Rapa Gaon 4230 5h00
15. Trek to Jeng – La Phedi 4370 5h30
16. Trek to Tokyu via Jeng – La Pass (5170 m) 4200 6h00
17. Trek to Dho Tarap 3900 2h45
18. Rest & explore Tarap valley
19. Trek to Serkam 2600 6h00
20. Trek to Shahar Tara 2170 7h00
21. Trek to Dunai 2160
22. Trek to Juphal 2570 3h00
23 Fly back to Kathmandu
24. Leisure day, fly to Kathmandu.
See more at https://www.himalayanexploration.com/tours/upper-dolpo-trek/