Back to Мађарска forum

What is necessary for working in Hungary for Eu citizen?

Објављено на Мађарска Форум

Szia, hi, I would need an advice: I am Slovak and I would like to get a job in Hungary. Do I need have there a temporary residence? Or do I need something special?

  • Идите до профила Mihaly Gacsi

    објавио/-ла је  у Мађарска Форум 

    Dear Zuzana,

    Both Slovakia and Hungary is a member of Eu. Free movement of workers is a fundamental principle of the Eu. EU citizens are entitled to:
    look for a job in another EU country
    work there without needing a work permit
    reside there for that purpose
    stay there even after employment has finished
    enjoy equal treatment with nationals in access to employment, working conditions and all other social and tax advantages. So a Slovakian citizen does not need any permit or registration for getting a job in Hungary. However, the employer has to report for statistical purposes after the employment:

    • the number of the non Hungarian Eu employees
    •the age of the non Hungarian Eu employees
    • the certifications of the non Hungarian Eu employees
    • the citizenships of the non Hungarian Eu employees
    • the "Feor number" of the job
    • the type of the work contract
    • the statistical number of the employer
    • the date when the employment starts or finishes

    If you need more information, please contact us for free advise on
    or send an email to [...]

    Best Regards

  • John Cairns

    објавио/-ла је  у Мађарска Форум 

    As an EU citizen you could go there, look for a job and then let the employer do the necessary paperwork - You would need a tax code though and obviously accommodation. And you would need to inform the immigration office of staying for more than 183 days in order to get a residency permit and address card. If you would be a student that is a different process - More info:

Објавите одговор