โพสต์โดย ใน ห้องสนทนา ฮังการี
- should a non-EU national (who's a spouse of an EU citizen) apply for visa/permanent residence card in their own country (through consulate) or at a local immigration office in the host country?
Normally all the residence applications have to be filed at the Hungarian consulate in the home country of the applicant. According to the 539/2001 Regulation of the European Council, there are some prefered countries. The citizens of the preferred countries are allowed to file the residency application in Hungary. South Korea is one of those preferred countries. So a South Korean citizen can file his application in Hungary.
- how much money would be considered sufficient on their bank account?
There is not an exact amount. According to the regulations, the applicant has to verify „ sufficient resources to cover his/her subsistence for residence for a stay”. I recommend at least 10 000 $. The Authorities will ask 3 months bank account and they prefer if the balance is over 10 000 during the whole 3 months. If you do not have such a bank account a notarised statement on support by a Hungarian citizen („támogatói nyilatkozat”) would be sufficient. In this case, the Authorities will check the income and the assets of the supporter.
You will need the health insurance before you apply. You will need a 12-month insurance. It possible to apply without health insurance but in this case, you have to verify that you can cover the health service costs. At least a 30 000 $ - bank account needed
- what documents will the applicant and their (EU) spouse need when applying?
- Filled signed Residency Permit form ( you can download the form: https://www.immigrationlawyershungary.com/home)
- Marriage certificate ( If the marriage was done Korea: The Hungarian consulate has to „felülbélyegezni” (verify whether the marriage is official)
Verifying the accommodation.
-„Agreement on accommodation by courtesy" (Szívességi lakáshasználati megállapodás) or lease contract, or property purchase contract
-Property title (Tulajdoni lap)
- Filled and signed form of“Accommodation reporting form for third-country nationals” ("Szálláshely bejelentő harmadik országbeli személy részére")
Verify the health insurance
- Insurance policy ( biztosítási kötvény). It could be Korean but it has to be translated to Hungarian
Verify the means of subsistence:
- Bank account back to 3 months or
-Support letter ( támogatói nyilatkozat)
do the documents need to be translated or just notarized?
All the Korean documents have to be translated to Hungarian. The marriage certificate has to be translated. Only the official translations of the OFFI (Országos Fordító és Fordításhitelsítő Iroda 1062 Budapest, Bajza u. 52.Telefon: +36 1 428 9600) are good.
If you need more information please contact us: Astoria Assistance
Dohány u 12 -14
Tel: +36 1 492 0009