2020 Schneider Electric Paris Marathon
The 2020 Schneider Electric Paris Marathon takes place on 5th April. Registration is now open.
From the Champs-Elysees to the Place de la Bastille, from the Bois de Vincennes to the Bois de Boulogne, along the banks of the Seine, the Schneider Electric Marathon de Paris offers a unique sporting challenge. Registration is now open on the website Time To.
On 5th April 2020, runners will pass the city’s iconic landmarks during the route, including the Eiffel Tower, Notre-Dame, the Louvre, Musee d’Orsay. During the 2019 race, the route, for the first time passed the Opéra Garnier and Place Vendôme.
Registration for the 44th edition of the Schneider Electric Paris Marathon is now open on the website Time To. Sign up to run 42.195 km in the most beautiful city in the world —a sporting challenge and unique experience.
In 2019, out of the 49,155 participants that took part an incredible 97.8% finished the race and for the first time in the history of the Paris Marathon, the overall winner and the first person to cross the finish line was a woman - Gelete Burka. Ethiopia’s Burka won with a time of 2:22:47.
Last year also saw an increase in female runners. Thanks to the launch of support programmes and Facebook groups such as "Paris Marathon Girls", women made up 27% of the field.
The Schneider Electric Marathon de Paris became the first carbon-neutral marathon in the world. They attained their goal of offsetting all carbon emissions generated by the race, which are estimated at 25,000 tonnes of CO2. 94% of these emissions are the result of marathon runners travelling to Paris by plane or by car, with the remaining 6% coming from the logistics of the event.
Registration for the next edition of the Schneider Electric Paris Marathon is now open on the website Time To. The race will take place on 5th April 2020.
On Sunday April 5, 2020 at 8:06 am (ends 5:00 pm)
Category: Sports / Leisure - Running
General Admission: EUR 110.0
Venue: Arc de Triomphe, Par