I have recently moved to Madrid and will be here until next April/May. Does anyone have any good travel suggestions and the best way to see other towns or cities in a weekend? All suggestions appreciated :)
发表 在 西班牙论坛
You have plenty of time to see all the best tourist attraction in Madrid. Some of my favorite places in Madrid are -
1. Museo Nacional del Prado
2. Retiro Park (Parque del Retiro)
3. Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum (Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza)
4. Estadio Santiago Bernabeu
5. Royal Palace of Madrid
6. Sorolla Museum
7. National Archeological Museum
Tip: You should carry Spain Road Map with you. The detailed tourist guide or road map is very helpful in finding the places of interest in very less time and it is definitely worth buying.
发表 在 西班牙论坛
Now I´m living in Madrid too and I recommend you to visit Cádiz. You can take a train in Atocha to Cádiz just 3,5 hours.
Cádiz is one of the oldest city of Europe, and it was a very important merchant city. Arround Cádiz you can visit Vejer, a very nice white town on a hill. And if you like see sports I recommend you to visit Tarifa. Tarifa is the best place to play windsurf, kitesurf and other see sports.
发表 在 西班牙论坛
You are lucky, I love madrid, and here are some suggestions:
- Avila, by bus or train or car 100km far. Lovely ancient city which keeps the city center with the old walls, great food
- Salamanca, 200km, oldest university in Spain, full of many others and great environment. CAthedral, old and new are incredible. Great wine and Serrano
- Segovia, same as previous, you don't wanna miss the romans aqueduct or alcazar
- Toledo, also amazing historic city not far, incredible streets mixing jewish, muslim and cristians history. alcazar and Gerco's museum are incredible
- Aranjuez, 70km, palace and gardens must be visited
- Sevilla, Can take the AVE (high speed train) and be in Sevilla in 1'5h, what to say that has not been said about it...
- Barcelona, as well take a flight or AVE and be there in 3h.
- Valencia, you can visit the coast in 3'5h by car or 2'5h y train
- El Escorial, the Monastery is a must, beautiful town 60km far from madrid
- Mountains around Madrid, if you like hikking or skiing there are beatifoul places 60km far from city downtown, and trains taking you up to the right place. Cercedilla is a very well known one, Navacerrada, Gredos, Guadarrama...
- Alcalá de Henares, 30km, where Cervantes was born, oldest university of spain together with Salamanca's