• Halstatt, Stonehenge, San Sebastian, Rome, and the Neuschwanstein Castle

geplaatst door Verwijderde gebruiker in Spanje forum 

Ireland - I've never been, but all I can say for this one is that a visit to one of the Guinness breweries would be a great trip.. if you enjoy beer of course.

Germany - The German countryside is beautiful. I'd highly recommend checking out some small villages outside of just Munich, Berlin, etc. and I'd definitely recommend the Neuschwanstein Castle. If you've ever been to Disneyland, this castle was what the Disney castle was modeled after.

Austria - I went to Vienna and Graz when I was very young and mostly just to pass through to get to Hungary (also a great place to visit.. check out Elizabeth Bathory's Cachtice Castle in Slovakia if you do happen to venture through that area). OH! And Halstatt ( http://www.viaje.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Hallstatt-m
    aravillosa-400x263.jpg ) , I will always remember this beautiful town. If you go to Halstatt, there's a large, historic cemetery that is very interesting to take a tour through.

Italy - Venice was a disappointment to me. It is definitely worth visiting if you've never been, but it's also a tourist trap. Everything is pretty overpriced and you won't be getting the authentic Italian experience. Rome and the Vatican are very interesting albeit very crowded. As a kid, when I saw the coliseum, I was expecting something out of The Gladiator and was also a little disappointed.. but hey, it's a freaking coliseum, I didn't complain, hah.

Spain - Madrid (not so fun in the summertime since it's veerry hot but still worth a visit), Barcelona (beautiful, eclectic and with gorgeous architecture including La Sagrada Familia), and San Sebastian aka Donostia (just look at this picture: http://astoria7hotel.com/images/donostia.jpg ) is still my absolute favorite.

France - The Eiffel tower in Paris.. of course. And be sure to check out their high speed trains and have a croissant or two. I remember some public restrooms in France were literally just a hole in the ground, a bit difficult to aim at.. just a forewarning.

United Kingdom - Stonehenge is iconic and a must-see in your lifetime.. even if it only is just a pile of stones. London of course with a trip to Big Ben and the Tower of London. I wouldn't recommend the London eye, in my opinion it's just an over-priced ferris wheel. I'd also recommend Portsmouth and any small village outside of the large cities such as Salisbury. When we visited this town, I stayed with my ex-boyfriend's grandparents and went to proper British pubs. Random odd sighting: One of their neighbors had a lamborghini..it looked very unusual parked by a small cottage filled with farmers on horseback and humble folks. Bath is also pretty interesting if you're interested in museums and architecture.

I know that's a LOT to see and read for that matter.. but I hope it helps.

Plaats een antwoord

Andere antwoorden