posted by Deleted user in Portugal forum 

Belinda, I dont think you got my message.

"Immigrants deserve a chance to grow and do not send us to our country when we want more than cleaning jobs! Enough!"

The jobs opportunity are driven by the quality and strength of the economy.
    Why would an immigrant choose Portugal as a living place for a prospective work career, if we dont have these offers?

It seems like you, as i mentioned before, are departing from your own experiences and generalizing to a wider context. Did you ever apply for a high degree job in Portugal? Why didn't they pick you up? What makes you think you were the best candidate?

If you hold a higher educational degree you shouldn't choose Portugal as a career country. We have almost no jobs at all on that level!!!!. Which current crisis? Portugal always lagged behind the front runner economies, portugal was never a country that had offer prospect career opportunities for immigrants. Recently Portugal for some of its immigrants, especially from ex colonies, is perceived as a middle point between the origin and final country (another EU state)

And when i mention facts to support your arguments i think on the following indicators.
    - Number of portuguese/immigrants with higher/lower educational degrees that are quality and type of employed/unemployed.
    Compare the rations. The problem is common independent of races, colour and nationality.Why are you confining a problem which is systematic and representative of the entire residents in Portugal?

Post a reply

Other replies