• Go to John Lovejoy's profile

posted by  John Lovejoy in Germany forum 

@ G N

Mind explaining what a real American is?...in your opinion.
    You are belittling a person/ poster of whom you don’t even know the first thing about solely because you don’t like the content of his post.

-------------------------
    Quoting you
    “Slang is one thing and horrible grammar is another thing.”
    “Yes, I know many people in Florida speak only Spanish, I would not call them Americans but illegals or their children. Certainly not good citizens of the US, if they don't even bother educating themselves (I'm not talking about the ones that just got here, but the ones that are born here or have been here a long time).”
    --------------------------
    Slang by definition is almost always alternate grammar and spelling by nature and not a crime but perfectly normal in the US and there is nothing “horrible” about it.

FYI, just like in the western lower US Border States and also Texas, people speaking Spanish amongst themselves or with a heavy Spanish accent is perfectly normal and not at all indicative of anybody being an illegal alien.
    Once again you are jumping to conclusions and are judging Americans by a German standard.

In some of your previous posts you mentioned that you’re contemplating moving to Germany.
    The more I hear from you, it becomes increasingly apparent that Germany may possibly be a great place for you since you already share so much of that narrow judgmental attitude toward “other” people.

Post a reply

Other replies