• Kathleen D'Haeseleer

    posted by  in Belgium forum 


    With regards to your questions, all nationals of non-EU countries need a valid work permit to be allowed to work as an au pair in Belgium. You will work in your host family in exchange of free accommodation and allowance. It is your host family who will have to apply for an employment authorisation and a type B work permit for your stay. Your work permit is only valid for 12 months and cannot be extended. It has also age limit.

    On the other hand, you can apply for Cohabitation Visa if you are in a stable and long term relationship with a Belgian national. There are specific requirements in applying for this kind of visa. It is important that you can prove that you have known each other for at least 2 years.

    Regarding the sponsor, I think it is possible to apply for a visa to visit Belgium even your partner is not the sponsor of your trip, as long as you can prove the relationship between you and the sponsor. It is important that your sponsor is financially stable. If I am not mistaken, I believe that there are already some Filipinas I have encountered who applied for a visa with their in-laws as the sponsor.

    I hope this helps. Goodluck!


Post a reply

Other replies